FAITH IS THE KEY TO RECIEVING FROM GOD
Now faith is the [a]substance of things hoped for, the [b]evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
3 By faith we understand that the [c]worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
4 By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.Hebrew 11: 1-6
Faith is simply the belief in God and His word. It is the full assurance that we have concerning our expectation or Hope. Faith can also be defined as responding to God’s word.
CHARACTERISTICS OF FAITH
- Faith is a present tense. Hebrew 11:1, Mark 11:24.
- It requires no physical evidence Hebrew 11:1, John 20:29
- It works by Love. Galatians 5:6
- Faith is a defense Ephesians 6:16, 1Peter 5:8-9.
- Faith is the key to answered prayers because it releases the power of God. Acts 14:8-10, Matthew 21:22, Mark 11:23.
HOW TO RELEASE YOUR FAITH
- Believe in God and the integrity of His word. Do not doubt God’s word because it is the only thing God exalted more than His name, hence, His word gives credibility to His name Hebrew 11:6, Romans 4:3, Psalm 138:2.
- Confess your belief; Faith grows in the atmosphere of confession. Confession is a proclamation of what you know to be true. Romans 10:10, Joshua 1:8, Mark 11:24.
- Act on God’s word; put your faith to work because faith without work is inoperative. James 2:20-26, Matthew 7:24-27
- Pray in the Holy Ghost. Jude 20.
Faith is a product of God’s word so to live by faith is to live out God’s word. We have being called to live our lives by faith because this is the only way we can please God.
Pingback: FAITH IS THE KEY TO RECIEVING FROM GOD – Tonya LaLonde
This is an area I have begun to seek and ask Abba for!
I struggle with this aspect for I equate it with trust. Due to horrific traumatic childhood experiences I trust very little!
Thanks for sharing.
I will read and pray over this!