Depend On God’s Grace
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, Ephesians 3:16
- We cannot overcome sin by our own flesh and power. This is one mistake that a lot of people make but as they grow in maturity, they understand this truth. Ability and help come from God and God alone. Every good and perfect present comes from God. It is not Him that wills but God who shows mercy. Let the Spirit sanctify you. Depend on Him in prayer and keep feeding your soul and hiding His words in your heart, so that you will not sin against Him.
- God strengthens us with power. We need power, grace and help from the throne of grace. Jesus is the high priest that meets all our needs. He is the life and grace giver. Tell Him to strengthen your inner man and help you to overcome sin. The more grace you receive from the throne of grace the easier it will be.
- You need more power in your inner man. The inner man needs help. Pray for power in the inner man.
- The glory in you needs to increase and you need to be transformed from glory to glory until you are filled with grace and glory
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of grace, mercy, truth and glory. By Him, God fills us with grace, glory, truth and ability.
2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me
- God’s power is made perfect in weakness. In weakness you realise how much you need His grace. Paul recognised his weakness and need for God. Remember that He said in Romans 7: 23-25
But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I serve the law of God, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.…
- God’s power needs to rest upon you before you can be completely victorious
- Psalm 28:8 says
The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
The Lord is our strength. Ability comes from God
- Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
God is the one that writes the law in our hearts. When we meditate on the word of God and pray, God writes His word in our hearts. It is God that causes the word to grow.
- Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Circumcision by the Spirit is when the Holy Spirit tackles the sin in your members and cuts of sin from within. He is the one that will destroy that desire for sin that lives in your members.
2 Thessalonians 2:13 says,
But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
1 Peter 1:2 says
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.
- Sanctification is of the Spirit and by the Spirit. We cannot sanctify or purify ourselves. God wants us to be meek and humble. He gives grace to the humble but resists the proud. Keep praying for more and more grace and keep feeding on the sincere milk of the word.
May great grace be upon you. May the Lord Himself establish and perfect you to His own glory.
Defeat Evil Thoughts – Laura Bon