Advertisements

I cried

You travelled far away

And married another

I cried

I grieved

And prayed

That you would come back

If not for me

For my children

When you left

I cried

I could not let go

I lived in the past

And tormented my weary mind

With the beautiful and stubborn

Memories we had formed

Together in the past

You left

But the memories did not leave

I tried to shake them off

But they remained

I tried to let go

But I couldn’t

Until grace found me

And changed me

Power from above

And time

Healed me

Today

I am so happy

It’s unbelievable

I have found another love

Another joy

And another life

I cried

But

I cry no more

There are times

And seasons in life

I guess my season

Of sadness is over

And my season of joy is now

Lord

May it last

By your grace

Till I meet you in glory

A fictional narrative (story) poem

Message

God heals broken hearts

No matter how gloomy it is

After a bitter and harsh separation

God’s grace is bigger

He heals hearts, emotions, homes and families

Advertisements

20 Comments

1. You just don’t know how much I needed this. I was just in my car crying over past memories that hurt me and asking God to heal my broken heart. The scripture that came to my mind was Psalm 34:18….God is near the brokenhearted and He saves those who are in crushed in spirit.

Immediately I read the first line of your comment, tears swelled up in my eyes and I cried. I was so touched by your response. The Lord is truly the one who sees. He is the one who inspired me to write this poem. “He is near the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in Spirit.” He truly, truly cares and wants to heal hearts. Blessing and peace to you always, my friend.

2. myms2016 says:

Lovely <3

3. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

More strengthening writing! Thank you!

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I greatly appreciate your support. Blessings and peace 💕❤️🙏👏

4. Ahhhh!!!! I can testify!! My Savior sure does heals the brokenhearted! Oh God I love you so much! <3 THANK YOU FOR HEALING ME!!! Strength & peace to you my sister in Christ <3

5. Eric says:

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Lewis Carroll

6. Shivangi says:

So amazing!

7. Sis , this is deep. Awesome job!!!

8. Gentle souls often suffer pain in relationships. God helps us heal the pain and trauma sometimes it takes a long time. Our mind triggers the pain to make it continuous we have to watch out for this. Many of us are clearing the final stages of issues in our lives there are so many ways to do this too. The best way is with God.

Thank you so much for the wise and insightful words. Our mind is actually the one that triggers the pain to make it continuous. We really need to watch out for that. Time heals most emotional wounds as the memories gradually fade away naturally by itself. Truly, the best way is with God.💕👏

9. So beautiful. I could sense the flow from your heart straight to my heart. So nice words. God bless you

10. Eric says:

Life is always a better place when the users are the ones who leave. The only thing is, they rarely do so until they have drained the last drop…

So true, it is always better when the users leave. All they do is drain the life out of their partners. The ones who use, abuse and benefit at the detriment of the other rarely leave until they have drained the last blood.

It is so because they are empty and have no love to give. They feed off the love, support, selflessness and sometimes foolishness of their victims who inadvertently have become their slaves all in the name of relationship.

Thank you so much for the insightful contribution. ❤️🙏