Advertisements

I Am Not An Object. I Am A Person

The Spirit Of The Lord

24: I am a person

Sometime ago, the Holy Spirit Spoke to me and said, “I am not an object, I am a person.” He said this and I was startled.” I thought I was ok with Him but I was not. I had forgotten to do some of the things He told me to do in order to bring down His presence and maintain a healthy relationship with Him.

I was spending time in His presence like He instructed me to but I was not ministering to Him. I was not talking to Him and treating Him like a real person. I would just play praise and worship songs and read my Bible which is also necessary, but I did not talk to Him so He had to remind me that He is a person.

He had told me in the past to always talk to Him, sing to Him with my own mouth and heart, sing hymns to Him and make melody to Him. He also instructed me to compose poems and say them to Him, tell Him all my concerns, likes and dislikes, what hurts me and what makes me happy like how you talk with someone that you know is present whom you have a relationship with. I was wondering why I had to say them because He is God and knows everything.

He told me He knows them but I must say them to Him and express myself to Him. Surprisingly, He is there and would speak directly into my mind when I do that. But sometimes I just forget that He is a real person and ignore Him. I would just go through all my list of prayer activities and not even talk to Him and with Him. He had to correct me and remind me that He is a real person, not an object.

Lesson I learned from this revelation is that the Lord wants us to relate to Him like a real person and not some faraway person that we come to just to get our needs met. It is good for us to want our needs met but that must not supersede our relationship, communion and fellowship with Him. He so deeply wants a relationship and He is a person not an object. Every person desires a satisfactory relationship. He does too.

Advertisements

12 Comments

1. mistimaan says:

Nice post

2. Anonymous says:

This message is so important.
    Seek ye first …

3. myms2016 says:

Thank you for this insightful, refreshing post 🙂 <3

I have nominated you for a challenge:

Thanks a lot for the lovely response and thanks for the nomination. I really appreciate it ❤️❤️❤️

• myms2016 says:

Thank you for your comment and kindness <3
        And you are most welcome! I value your writing and wanted to express my support of your work 🙂
        I hope you have a splendid day xx

Thank you so much. I am greatly encouraged and inspired by your words. God bless you always ❤️❤️🙏👏

4. Amen! Our church sings a song called, “Send it On Down”, but Pastor says the Holy Spirit isn’t an “it”, He is a “HE”, so we changed the song to sing, “Send Him on down”….The Holy Spirit is a living, breathing person in the Trinity! You’re right on the money!

Thank you so much for the wise and insightful contribution. I like the fact that the song was changed to a “He” from an “it.” You are so right, He is definitely a He – a living, breathing person! Blessings ❤️

5. waitwithme says:

I agree. I feel like we often treat God more like a grocery store than a person. How we pray shows how we think.

When’s the last time you stopped to ask God how he felt?
    When’s the last time you just sat with Him to be with Him and not bring your list?

When we acknowledge His personhood, our life changes. Suddenly humility and honesty take a new role in the relationship. Without an honest relationship, you can’t move ahead.

Thank you so much for this very informative and insightful contribution. It really touched my heart. “ When’s the last time you stopped to ask God how he felt?” So true, most of the time we tend to forget. However, when we acknowledge His personhood, our life changes. I really appreciate your response. Blessings❤️❤️❤️