Advertisements

I Am Not An Object. I Am A Person

The Spirit Of The Lord

24: I am a person

Sometime ago, the Holy Spirit Spoke to me and said, “I am not an object, I am a person.” He said this and I was startled.” I thought I was ok with Him but I was not. I had forgotten to do some of the things He told me to do in order to bring down His presence and maintain a healthy relationship with Him.

I was spending time in His presence like He instructed me to but I was not ministering to Him. I was not talking to Him and treating Him like a real person. I would just play praise and worship songs and read my Bible which is also necessary, but I did not talk to Him so He had to remind me that He is a person.

He had told me in the past to always talk to Him, sing to Him with my own mouth and heart, sing hymns to Him and make melody to Him. He also instructed me to compose poems and say them to Him, tell Him all my concerns, likes and dislikes, what hurts me and what makes me happy like how you talk with someone that you know is present whom you have a relationship with. I was wondering why I had to say them because He is God and knows everything.

He told me He knows them but I must say them to Him and express myself to Him. Surprisingly, He is there and would speak directly into my mind when I do that. But sometimes I just forget that He is a real person and ignore Him. I would just go through all my list of prayer activities and not even talk to Him and with Him. He had to correct me and remind me that He is a real person, not an object.

Lesson I learned from this revelation is that the Lord wants us to relate to Him like a real person and not some faraway person that we come to just to get our needs met. It is good for us to want our needs met but that must not supersede our relationship, communion and fellowship with Him. He so deeply wants a relationship and He is a person not an object. Every person desires a satisfactory relationship. He does too.

Advertisements

14 Comments

1. mistimaan says:

Nice post

2. Anonymous says:

This message is so important.
    Seek ye first …

3. myms2016 says:

Thank you for this insightful, refreshing post 🙂 <3

I have nominated you for a challenge:

Thanks a lot for the lovely response and thanks for the nomination. I really appreciate it ❤️❤️❤️

• myms2016 says:

Thank you for your comment and kindness <3
        And you are most welcome! I value your writing and wanted to express my support of your work 🙂
        I hope you have a splendid day xx

Thank you so much. I am greatly encouraged and inspired by your words. God bless you always ❤️❤️🙏👏

4. Amen! Our church sings a song called, “Send it On Down”, but Pastor says the Holy Spirit isn’t an “it”, He is a “HE”, so we changed the song to sing, “Send Him on down”….The Holy Spirit is a living, breathing person in the Trinity! You’re right on the money!

Thank you so much for the wise and insightful contribution. I like the fact that the song was changed to a “He” from an “it.” You are so right, He is definitely a He – a living, breathing person! Blessings ❤️

• revruss1220 says:

Yes… I agree that the Holy Spirit is indeed the third Person of the Trinity. But there are two things that trouble me about this post and some of the replies; first is the prospect of diminishing (in our minds) the power and majesty of the Holy Spirit. I worry we might wander too far into the territory of making God in OUR image instead of the other way around. We need to feel we can approach God and cultivate an intimate, personal relationship, but we can never forget that God’s reality far surpasses anything our limited human minds can perceive. My second issue is with the insistence on the use of the male pronoun to describe God or the Holy Spirit. Why does ANY gender have to be assigned to the Omnipotent? It is another path that leads us to the practice of bringing God down to the level of humanity.

Thanks a lot for your contribution to this discussion. First, the Bible is the final authority and the Bible constantly referred to the Holy Spirit as He.

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13

Let’s look at Jesus and Paul – they both had personal intimate relationships with the Holy Spirit. God wants to be personal and relatable to all His children. He is powerful and majestic, however, that position does not make Him less of a father – even when He judges us. He loves us more than earthly fathers love their children.

He came as comforter, companion, friend, counselor, guide etc. Now to be those things, we need to appreciate intimacy and closeness with Him to enjoy those functions or else He will just be like the idols that are so far away from their worshippers.

Christianity is all about a personal relationship with God, anything short of that, in my opinion is simply religion. With religion, we can never experience glory or taste the best of God’s goodness and intimacy. ❤️❤️❤️

5. waitwithme says:

I agree. I feel like we often treat God more like a grocery store than a person. How we pray shows how we think.

When’s the last time you stopped to ask God how he felt?
    When’s the last time you just sat with Him to be with Him and not bring your list?

When we acknowledge His personhood, our life changes. Suddenly humility and honesty take a new role in the relationship. Without an honest relationship, you can’t move ahead.

Thank you so much for this very informative and insightful contribution. It really touched my heart. “ When’s the last time you stopped to ask God how he felt?” So true, most of the time we tend to forget. However, when we acknowledge His personhood, our life changes. I really appreciate your response. Blessings❤️❤️❤️